Steve Jobs & Me

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. 
-Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005
FRIDAY
IT'S JUST MY EMOTION feeling bad about everything. But I have the conviction that Someone loves me and suffered for me, and has taken every awful things one could experience just so I could have a choice not having them now.

The conviction that makes me confident of everything that I have and getting those that I do not have... yet.

THURSDAY
I have all the intention and I fall short with my action. Unless I make Christ as my life's (and the desires, plans and ambitions that go with it) Chief Cornerstone.

It has been a fulfillment having seen my leader lead and, actually, be led by him. I have wanted a lot of things to happen in my life but I couldn't just devote my self to it. I'd rather commit everything to God so that whenever things no longer go the way I want it to be and be taken off of my grasp, the latter would not happen to me, to fall away from God's hand.

WEDNESDAY
I DON'T WANT TO LOSE!! I hate losing. And sometimes I can make myself not lose. However, I know that just because I am not losing doesn't mean I won't be hurting. I have to be courageous not only in fighting but also courageous in facing the battle. Tamaan kung tatamaan. Masaktan kung masasaktan. If I haven't accepted God there's a hundred percent chance that I wouldn't be accepting such circumstances over my life.

I will fight the good fight of faith because God made me able.

TUESDAY
I would always tell myself on a Tagalog prose, "Marami pa ang nangangailangan ng faith mo." -This is how I would encourage myself whenever I feel defeated and stagnant. Many a time I've given up but through God's grace I have overcome. And realizes that giving up is not, in any form, a kind of humility to God and His might. It's like telling Him of how incapable He is and that no might of His is able to change me and mold me to become someone who God wants me to be.

I may still have the feeling of being unqualified most of the time, but never will I ever think again that God cannot do something about it. He will be my trainer. And forever, the Perfecter of my faith... -that, is if I won't lose the faith!

MONDAY
The fight of faith, the one which does not include arguments and sin.
I have the feeling of being overwhelmed of many things.

"He (Joshua, Moses' successor) did not know if he could do the job or not. He just knew God had asked him to stretch himself, to grow, to be obedient, and to trust Him in this new position of leadership." -One way or another we'll all gonna be in this kind of situation AND there will be seasons wherein we cannot find our position on it. But whoever is courageous and victorious let him find promised land and get there.

I pray when those seasons come, I'd be able to really take to my heart every Word that God has told me: strong and courageous. It did not come from me but from God. And that is the fight of faith: Something that I couldn't do alone... something that's from God.

EPILOGUE
For those who are alive and still able to read this:
As for me, with all the dots I have connected from my past up to present, I only trusted in the Lord. And the decision to do so did not let me hit the ground.


Mere humans don't have what it takes;when they die, their projects die with them. Instead, get help from the God of Jacob,put your hope in God and know real blessing! 
PSALM 146:3-4


Comments

Most Read

"I Can't Believe It's Over." A Break-Up Story

The Story of the Nativity and The Relativity