The Story of the Nativity and The Relativity

It was two months before I graduate from high school when I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. 

College applications, entrance examinations, trendy clothes, hair colors, lovers and friends, and teenage angst were the things this college novice have in mind. Together with the incredulous plans I have in my life. As if those things seem to be easy putting into its rightful place. Things I have for my self  in which probably what Jesus have seen when He came knocking at the door of my heart which I have humbly opened on the month of February, 2008. 

image source: http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/wp/Oscar_Isaac_in_The_Nativity_Story_Wallpaper_2_800.jpg  
It could also be what Joseph have for his life when God knocked him off with a thought that his fiance was pregnant. He's got plans. To where the wedding will be held, who the guest will be; family, relatives, and a couple of friends maybe. To where they will raise their children. Or maybe just a child or two. And if there is any faulty scheme, time for Plan B. 

Imagine what has been Joseph and Mary's conversation: 

image source: http://www.markdroberts.com/images/joseph-mary-looking-4.jpg  
Mary: "I want to go to Egypt after the wedding, maybe I could invite my cousin Elizabeth to go with us."

Joseph: "I would love that, and when we get back here in Nazareth, I could start building our new house and continue with the business. Or maybe in Judea."
(The conversation are just improvisation. For more details about Joseph and Mary, please read the Bible, and if you don't have one yet you may go and buy one. Please, check out http://omflit.com/home/events.php?i=169. They're on sale!)

Best-laid plans is what Joseph and I have in common. Our plans and our selves is what we have when God was on the verge of redeeming what He has purposed in our lives. 

A carpenter, who is probably socially irrelevant, where people at his time knew nothing about; was chosen by God to name the Messiah; whose God's angel has spoken and instructed him. His virgin fiance is about to give birth to a God. An angsty teenager is about to do something big for the advancing of God's Kingdom. Whose life would have probably fallen apart by immorality running high but God has still called to be a vessel of Jesus' righteousness here on earth.  

Joseph and I would have reacted without restraint. But we never knew what Joseph's reaction was. It's no longer written in the Bible. All the Word of God states was his obedience. But if any of you are wondering how I have reacted, well... Having my plans to be in complete ruins, friends and (some) family members I've lost in touched with because I wasn't the same person they once knew; having gave up my wants and my old routine of relaxing to the tune of heavy metal music and my daily dose of hating; having lost my carefully laid out plan after graduating from college and the work I would do and the people I'd be hating some more. I guess it hasn't been a bad thing having cried myself out to God in the midst of the sheep-like smell of my filth and pain of giving birth to what God has purposed in my life though the innkeeper had neglected the will of God that I have conceived that I had to stay on a shed of hay and straw of what used to be my stack-o'-plans.

Joseph could have been disappointed with what had turned out in Bethlehem. I could have just yelled to God in the secret place of disappointments and struggles and heartaches. But nothing that could ever take place can be as glorious as that of the will of our gracious God. The Lord of all creations. 
"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple." 
PSALM 27:4 NIV


In Him,
Pia


Comments

Most Read

"I Can't Believe It's Over." A Break-Up Story

Steve Jobs & Me