"Man Down! Man Down!"

My ears are filled with not so strange sounds from a rescue operation. The scenario I mean. Now you imagine it; man on the radio, poor reception, battle still raging on, people shouting (be it a soldier or a civilian), gun shots, explosions... "Man down! Man down!" Are you hearing it more clearly now? If so, then we're both on with this. Keep on reading. 

It's never a wonderful thing falling. Falling in love. (If you know the standards and have not yet met it, yes, it is not wonderful) Falling out of what have you. Falling and hitting the ground. Falling and hardly getting up. Seeing somebody fall. Falling on a trap. On  a miry clay. Hearing somebody fall. Seeing somebody hardly getting up. And vagueness in reading something about falling.

It's something we don't usually talk about. It's something that doesn't catch our attention. But to whom & to what it is connected it actually does. 

To a man. Falling is quite a hard thing that can happen. Hurtful. To someone who knows Christ, harder. Much more hurtful. Either way, I hope you would still be able to relate. (Though part of me is so sure of that.)

The two kinds of fall I've seen happened to a man: One is falling and hitting the ground. And the other one is falling short of God's glorious standards. 

Today has been a day where falling was very relevant to my life. 

The scenario I have told you a while ago, it's not a vain imagination.  I, am proud to say that I quite have not had any wasting time today. 

While in front of the computer, I heard something from the master's bedroom. It's a sound of a person who fell. I gracefully walked and opened the door and my hearing served me right. And unfortunately, my sight did too. I would have want to think of other things rather than what's in front of me. I mean, who.

"Man down! Man down!" 

And so the sound gets louder. But not as loud as my heart's beat. 

There on the floor, is my Dad. Some of you know of his situation right now. For those who don't: He had a stroke a year ago and had some more little strokes (according to the doctors) few weeks ago. So his right body is kind of "immovable" (just let me use this term, it's less hurtful). 

You know, falling is not much of a big deal. It's, again, to whom & to what it happens do. I bet telling you that  it is heartbreaking is not overrated. That you don't have to be in my situation to understand it. And you don't even have to understand it. Really.

I just didn't expect this to happen to us, my Dad and me, to the whole family. Since he had this illness everything was unpredictable. One moment he's okay and on the next well, he's on the ground. I guess, I really don't know how this life works and how it would turn out to be unless you are guided. Also, I've realized that helping Dad get up on his feet is not for a 110-pound woman to do alone. But, hey, I've done it. :) With a little strength to help Dad with, I caught myself saying, "In Jesus' name."  And everything was grace. 

There were tears. And yes, there was sadness. But I've never felt alone. I've only felt the forgiveness and the love. It was fresh and new.

Have we talked yet about the second thing I've seen a man falling?

It's when a man has gone out of God's protection, God's guidance, God's love. It's when sin separates you from God. Making things seems so easy but feels much harder. Making you in denial of that thought. It's when you know that you should do something yet not doing anything. It's making sin superior over all the aspect of your life. It's more than to what had happened to my Dad. It's more than falling on the ground. It's breaking loose the harness of God's promises over your life. 

Falling. It happens to man. It happens to you. It happens to me. 

I may help Dad from his fall. We may help others. But when it's us falling, we cannot help ourselves. But when we reached the ground, it's the time when helping ourselves makes sense. And when it doesn't seem like it, we could always call on to the name I have called while helping Dad. When the weight is overbearing. When the situation is overwhelming. When sin is domineering. Know that in everything, all is grace. God is faithful and just to forgive us. 

We may fall short of God's glory, but if the possibility of getting up happened to my Dad. (and we are humans) It possibly can happen to you too...


In Jesus' name.

Comments

Most Read

"I Can't Believe It's Over." A Break-Up Story

Steve Jobs & Me

The Story of the Nativity and The Relativity