I Cannot Do This On My Own

With simple words, let me blog.

I am always willing.

I always want what is best for me and the people around me.

I always want to do what is right.

I am always willing.
WILLINGNESS I bring to bed with me. Going to sleep expecting that tomorrow I'll be able to do things light-heartedly for... I am always willing.
Expectations come greatly for... I know in my heart I always want to do what is right.

But to make it happen is a different story. They won't happen as I expect them to be. They weren't so right as I imagined it would be. I wasn't so willing after all. That... what's inside my heart only stays to where it is, inside my heart.

Problem is, I know, I understand, every part and every details, but I never respond to what I am supposed to do next. I skip. I only wanted the easy part. Willingness becomes easier said than done.

As the Scripture puts it: "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Or in much simpler words, not physically capable of doing what I am willing to do.

Well, I really cannot do this on my own. We can always be willing & obedient. But if it is getting harder to do what we know we ought to do, we can always ask God to help us have a willing & obedient heart.

There were times that we obeyed half-heartedly. We know in our hearts how our selfish desires hardened our hearts.

I believe that God wants us to get this right... That we should be whole-heartedly, all eyes & ears to follow God before we can truly say:

"Here I am! Send me!"

Comments

Most Read

"I Can't Believe It's Over." A Break-Up Story

Steve Jobs & Me

The Story of the Nativity and The Relativity